Last updated: June 22, 2016By registering to participate in The Special One game governed by these terms and conditions and the Game Rules (as defined below) ("the Game") you hereby agree to be bound by and to abide by the following terms and conditions.
The promoter is: tsium Limited, Correspondence Address: Suite G Sheffield Business Park, Europa Link, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, S9 1XZ
1. All applications to participate in a Game must be made online on The Special One Site at https://thespecialone.co.uk ("the Site") and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a 'Player' in the terms below.
2. Entry is open to users in the United Kingdom aged 18 years and over, except:
(a) employees of tsium Limited or its holding or subsidiary companies;
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of tsium Limited or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
(d) where an individual competition specifies a different minimum age requirement for entry, then that minimum age will apply to that competition.
3. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. tsium Limited may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
4. tsium Limited will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk; or
5. Depending upon the nature of the competition prize, tsium Limited may request proof of age from the entrant/winner, and/or may request proof of written parental or guardian consent.
6. tsium Limited cannot prohibit minors from visiting this site. tsium Limited must rely on parents, guardians and those responsible for supervising children to decide which materials are appropriate for such children to view. The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
7. No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter a Game and no payment is required from you to enter a Game. The sole consideration required from you is that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the Game Rules as defined below at terms 8-9.
8. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or entries not received by tsium Limited for any reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of tsium Limited shall be final).
9. tsium Limited reserves the right to suspend and delete user accounts or competitions that contain email addresses, user names or competition names which are deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Depending on the seriousness of the situation, the user’s account may be deleted in its entirety without notice. Any such decision to do so by tsium Limited is final.
10. In the event that email addresses, user names or competition names are deemed unsuitable tsium Limited may reject such names. In this instance, any names so rejected may be changed and notified to tsium Limited within seven days. In the event that the alternative name proposed on behalf of any applicant to play the Game in such circumstances is again rejected at tsium Limited's discretion the relevant applicant will be treated as being in breach of these terms and conditions.
12. tsium Limited does not condone users privately charging other users’ for entry into any competitions run on the site and tsium Limited cannot be held responsible for their management or any loss suffered through users’ involvement.
13. The various Games available on the Site will be governed by the applicable Game Rules from time to time published on the Site by tsium Limited ("Game Rules"). Please note that there are different rules depending upon whether the Game being played is a ‘Public Competition’ or a ‘Private League’. tsium Limited reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement the Game Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion in the event of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control arising or where it considers it desirable to do so. You agree that no liability shall attach to tsium Limited as a result of any such change and so are advised to check the Game Rules regularly from time to time. The Game Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
14. tsium Limited will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of the Competition Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, the Game. tsium Limited will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Game Rules including but not limited to the allocation of points to any Player and/or the award of any Prize and/or any ranking or league table shall be final and conclusive.
15. The prizes awarded in respect of individual competitions ("Prizes") will be at the discretion of tsium Limited from time to time and tsium Limited reserves the right to alter and amend the Prizes where circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so.
16. Prizes are awarded to the remaining Players in a competition when the number of prizes available is greater than or equal to the number of Players left remaining in the competition. If no Players are left remaining in a competition, no Prizes are awarded. The number of Prizes available for a competition is displayed when joining a competition.
17. Winners will be notified of their success by email at which time they must confirm their contact details prior to the Prize in question being delivered.
18. Prizes are not transferable and are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances. Prizes are subject to availability. tsium Limited reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal of greater value.
19. The winners' names will be published on the Site following confirmation of their eligibility and the prize being awarded. Alternatively winner's names can be obtained by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to tsium Limited, Company Number: 07357581, Suite G Sheffield Business Park, Europa Link, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, S9 1XZ.
20. If you are the winner of the prize, you will have 30 days from the day on which the winners are announced (“Announcement Date”) to claim the prize by following the instructions in the winners confirmation email. If you do not claim the prize in this time, your claim will become invalid.
21. Please allow 30 days for delivery of the prize once claimed.
22. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
23. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 30 days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize in a new competition.
24. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
25. If you are the winner of a competition, you agree that tsium Limited may use your name, image (if you have clicked the separate consent form) and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
26. By entering a competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by tsium Limited or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
27. The extent of tsium Limited's responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
(a) each Game is provided to you free of charge;
(b) you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of any Game and the information therein;
(c) you are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
28. While tsium Limited will endeavour to ensure that each Game is available to you at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, tsium Limited will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
29. tsium Limited cannot accept any liability to you for any of the following types of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to a Game:
(a) loss which was not foreseeable to you and tsium Limited when you first applied for the Game (even if that loss results from tsium Limited's failure to comply with these terms or its negligence);
(b) any business loss you may suffer, including loss of revenue, profits, or anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of tsium Limited's default), as the Game is not designed for use by any businesses;
(c) loss which you suffer other than as a result of our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence or breach of statutory duty;
(d) any loss which you may suffer as a result of or in connection with or arising out of any Prize.
30. Nothing in these terms will limit tsium Limited's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or if they deliberately lied to you before you entered.
31. Any breach by you of the Game Rules from time to time shall also be a breach of these terms and conditions.
32. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions tsium Limited reserves the right to:
(a) refuse entry to a Game;
(b) disqualify you from a Game;
(c) require any reasonable amendment to your application or entry.
33. If you are barred or disqualified from entry, you shall not be eligible to participate in a Game under any other identity. Any such decision by tsium Limited shall be final.
34. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
35. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, tsium Limited may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in any Game.
36. tsium Limited reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend a Game where it becomes necessary to do so.
37. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.